Bhubaneswar: The lifestyles of Bollywood celebrities may be the envy of many, but not everyone knows the hardships that the actors had to go through before making it big in the industry.
You’ll be flabbergasted to know that some of the top-notch actors led an ordinary life, just like any other commoner, before ultimately carving a niche for themselves.
Before stepping into the film industry, these stars didn’t shy away from picking up odd jobs to make ends meet.
Here’s a list of Bollywood actors who did odd jobs before venturing into Bollywood:
- Dilip Kumar: Not many are aware that Dilip Kumar was a canteen owner and dry fruit seller before he became a legendary actor.
- Dev Anand: Before wooing fans with his unique acting skills, Dev Anand was a clerk in a censor’s office that was located in Mumbai’s Churchgate area. He used to earn Rs 165 per month at that time.
- Akshay Kumar: This A-lister worked as a chef and a waiter in Bangkok before trying his luck in acting. After flying down to India, he worked as a martial arts teacher before signing his first modeling assignment.
- Arshad Warsi: Before entering the film industry, Arshad Warsi did quite a few odd jobs to make ends meet. He tried his hand at selling cosmetics and also processing photographs at photo labs.
- Boman Irani: Before enthralling the audience with his perfect comic timing, Boman was a professional sports photographer. He has clicked pictures at several boxing championships. Boman also worked as a waiter and housekeeper at the Taj Mahal Palace in Mumbai.
- Sunny Leone: She was a popular adult star before signing movies. Sunny also worked at a German bakery and a tax and retirement firm.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui: This talented actor actually worked as a watchman to earn a livelihood. From being a struggling theatre actor to an accomplished Bollywood actor, Nawazuddin won hearts with his hard work and determination.
- Randeep Hooda: Before making a foray into acting, Hooda was a student of business management in Melbourne. To earn a livelihood in a foreign country, Randeep did odd jobs like car-washing and taxi driving.
There are many others who were not born with a silver spoon in their mouth. But they worked very hard and showed great determination to turn dreams into reality.