Bhubaneswar: A total of 15 police personnel from Odisha have been awarded medals on the occasion of Independence Day.
Two police personnel from Odisha have been awarded the Police Medal for Gallantry. An equal number of police personnel from the state have received the President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service, while 11 police personnel have been awarded the Police Medal for Meritorious Service.
Twin City Police Commissioner Saumendra Priyadarsi and Superintendent of Police (in-charge), security wing (Bhubaneswar), Saroj Kumar Mohapatra have been awarded the President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service.
Commando Kumar Karmi and Commando Pitabasa Pande from Odisha have been awarded the Police Medal for Gallantry.
The following Odisha Police personnel have been awarded the Police Medal for Meritorious Service:
* Prakash Kumar Naik, Additional Superintendent of Police (Vigilance cell), Cuttack
* Sachidananda Rath, Deputy Superintendent of Police (STF, CID, CB), Bhubaneswar
* Guruprasad Shivasankar Nanda, Deputy Superintendent of Police (BPSPA), Bhubaneswar
* Banita Majhi, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Rourkela
* N Trinath Dora, Sub-Inspector of Police (CID, CB), Cuttack
* Mohammed Jahangir, Assistant Sub-Inspector of Police (Special Squad), Sambalpur
* Bishnu Kumar Bura, Havildar, OSAP 2nd Battalion, Jharsuguda
* Hrushikesh Barik, Driver Havildar, Angul
* Basanta Kumar Dakua, Assistant Armourer (SOG, AET & RC), Koraput
* Anjan Kumar Mohanty, Constable, DFSL Sundargarh
* Prasanta Parida, Sepoy, OSAP 3rd Battalion, Koraput
A total of 1,082 police personnel from CAPFs and state forces have been awarded medals — 347 Police Medal for Gallantry, 87 President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service and 648 Police Medals for Meritorious Service.
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government will launch mobile medicare units and open physiotherapy centres for senior…
Bhubaneswar: The UK-based Odia entrepreneur and military veteran, Arun Kar, has been honoured with "Mahatma…
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Saturday stressed on uninterrupted water supply for enhancing…
New Delhi: Islamabad's magistrate issued an arrest warrant against former prime minister and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf…
New Delhi: WhatsApp banned over 23.28 lakh Indian accounts in August, of which over 10…
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Saturday said knowledge is a key resource for…