Bhubaneswar: Odisha reported 10 more COVID-19 deaths, taking the toll to 8542 on Wednesday. This is the highest number of deaths confirmed on a single day after an audit since the third wave hit the state earlier this month.
According to the Health Department, four among the deceased are from Khurda, including three from Bhubaneswar, another four from Sundargarh, and one each from Kandhamal and Angul districts.
Details of the deceased:
1. A 57 years old male of Angul district who was also suffering from Post Renal Transplant On Immunosuppressant, Diabetes Mellitus & Hypertension.
2. A 68 years old male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease, Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension & Hypothyroidism.
3. A 59 years old male of Bhubaneswar.
4. A 91 years old female of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Bronchial Asthma, Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension.
5. A 69 years old male of Kandhamal district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Hypertension.
6. A 56 years old female of Khurda district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
7. A 35 years old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Tuberculosis.
8. A 48 years old female of Sundargarh district.
9. A 35 years old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Chronic Liver Disease.
10. A 55 years old female of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease.
With these 10cases, Odisha has reported 76 COVID deaths so far in January.
There were 56 casualties in December. As many as 80 COVID deaths were confirmed in November, 134 in October and 346 in September. Similarly, 2,056 fatalities were registered in August, while July saw 1,903 deaths, June 1,272 and May 737, said sources in the Health Department.
The second wave of the pandemic claimed 49 children and adolescents in Odisha while two have so far died in the third wave.
Bhubaneswar: Even as the Odisha government has been stressing on online education and computer literacy,…
Balangir: In a shocking incident revealing the carelessness of the authorities concerned, the students of…
Bhubaneswar: In a major success, the Commissionerate Police on Monday busted a chain snatching gang…
Bhubaneswar: The BJD-led Odisha government might be under fire for the controversy over the Puri…
Cuttack: Five middlemen have been arrested from the SCB Medical College and Hospital in Odisha's…
Bhubaneswar: Former IAS officer from Odisha Shobhana Kumar Pattanayak is in the race to be…