Mumbai: Bollywood actor Arjun Mathur has been nominated in the Best Actor category for the International Emmy Awards 2020 for his brilliant performance in the show ‘Made In Heaven’. He played the role of Karan Mehra, a gay guy in the show.
Arjun Mathur will be competing alongside Billy Barratt from UK’s ‘Responsible Child’, Guido Caprino from Italian series ‘1994’, and Raphael Logam from Brazil’s ‘Impuros (Impure) — season two’.
His fans have been celebrating and wishes are pouring in.
— amazon prime video IN (@PrimeVideoIN) September 24, 2020
Congratulations on the nomination as actor in #madeinheaven @mathurarjun .. ✊🏽 @iemmys and to the teams of #DelhiCrime and #FourMoreShotsPlease on their nom nods .. come on India 🇮🇳 https://t.co/1PC2QXchzF
— Farhan Akhtar (@FarOutAkhtar) September 24, 2020
— Ram Kamal । राम कमल (@Ramkamal) September 24, 2020
— Sumati Thusoo (@SumatiThusoo) September 24, 2020
Here is everything you need to know about this underrated gem:
1. Arjun Mathur started his career as an assistant director in ‘Kyun! Ho Gaya Na’, starring Vivek Oberoi and Aishwarya Rai.
He also worked as an assistant director in films like ‘Mangal Pandey: The Rising’, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s ‘Rang De Basanti’, and Shaad Ali’s ‘Bunty Aur Babli’.
View this post on Instagram
Hey Arjun, so wonderful to see you doing such great work. I really enjoyed Made in Heaven. Love, a. #Repost @arjun__mathur • • • • • • Major #throwback – the year 2005. Standing-in on mark for the ‘present day D.J.’ next to #ChandrashekharAzad for one of the past/present #VFX transition shots required for the #climax in #RangDeBasanti. #RDB was my fourth and last film as an #AssistantDirector (and the end of utility jackets for me). What an honour to have been a part of this #rebellion, this #movement. Yes, it was much more than a film. And what a grand privilege to have gotten to observe the genius and work-ethic of @_aamirkhan on not one, but two entire feature-films, even before I had started acting professionally. There’s just so much I’ve gotten to imbibe from this man.. and in case you can’t tell from my longing gaze, I’m forever #grateful for it. #Memories #MovieMagic #Journey #PartOfThePlan #AamirKhan
2. He made his debut in Mira Nair’s 2007 film ‘Migration’ with Irrfan Khan.
3. As we said, he is an extremely underrated actor and his journey in the film world is a proof of that. The actor had a fair share of ups and downs. He faced nepotism in the industry and lost many roles to star kids too.
4. Before his successful digital (Amazon Prime) show ‘Made in Heaven’ in 2019, Arjun Mathur has many films like ‘Barah Aana’, ‘My Name Is Khan’ and ‘I Am’ in his kitty. He also featured in advertisements for Airtel 3G and Axis Bank.
View this post on Instagram
#Tara & #Karan, Co-Founders – #MadeInHeaven, where dreams become weddings! @primevideoin @zoieakhtar @reemakagti1 @ritesh_sid @faroutakhtar @nityamehra19 @excelmovies @tigerbabyindia @alankrita601 @p_n_a_i_r @kalkikanmani @jimsarbhforreal @arjun__mathur @sobhitad @shashank.arora @raghuvanshishivani
5. Since the time his nomination has been announced, he has been flooded with best wishes messages from his fans and colleagues.