New Delhi: The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MRTH) has released an animation video through which it illustrates the do’s and don’ts for truck/lorry drivers who are engaged in transporting essential goods across the country.
Through the video, the government urges people to respect and cooperate with truck/lorry drivers who are working tirelessly for fellow-Indians by transporting essential goods and medicines amidst the nationwide lockdown.
The instructions being conveyed to the public through the animation graphic are:
* Staying protected from novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
* Respect and cooperate with truck/lorry drivers who are maintaining the supply chain of essential goods and medicines during lockdown
* Protect yourself and others and follow the rules for your own safety
There are advisories for lorry/truck drivers also in the video, like:
* Maintain personal hygiene, wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds whenever possible
* Wear a mask while driving/exiting the vehicle
* After using the mask, wash it with soap and water and dry it
* Always keep a sanitizer in your vehicle
* Use 70% alcohol-based hand sanitizer while driving/exiting the vehicle
* Do not travel with extra passengers other than a helper and a driver as per the rules
* Maintain social distancing
* Avoid coming in close contact with people at checkposts/loading-unloading points/restaurants, etc.
* Sanitize your vehicle every day.