Mumbai: The tragic death of 35-year old Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput has sent shock waves across the nation. The actor’s suicide case has also brought to light the loopholes during the investigation of a high-profile case.
During the investigation, several contradictory statements made by the Mumbai Police and people who had recorded their statements in the case have surfaced.
Some of them are as follows:
- While Sushant’s father KK Singh claimed that he had informed the Mumbai Police about the impending danger to his son in February itself, the Mumbai Police denied receiving any such complaint from the actor’s father. On a news channel, Sushant’s brother-in-law even shared the WhatsApp conversation he had with the Mumbai Cop.
- Sushant’s CA had stated that the actor’s income had gone down since last year and Rhea didn’t spend his money lavishly. Whereas Sushant’s bank statement details revealed that the actor had Rs 18 crore in his account earlier and at present, there was just Rs 4 crore credit in his account.
- Mumbai Police had stated that there were no CCTV cameras installed at the actor’s house. But the CCTV camera owner revealed that there were cameras in the actor’s house and they were working fine on the day of his demise.
- Sushant’s friend Siddhart Pithani stated that he along with the house staff had brought down the actor’s dead body. On the other hand, the ambulance driver revealed that he had brought down the actor’s body along with the Mumbai Police.
- Mumbai Police claimed that there is no connection between Sushant and Disha Salian’s death, whereas activist Prashant told Republic TV that Disha had sought the actor’s help hours before her demise.
Besides these contradictory statements, there are many other loopholes that have surfaced in the Sushant Singh Rajput suicide case.