Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government has issued guidelines for conducting virtual classes through YouTube Live Streaming from June 21 for secondary school students amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
The key features of the programme include:
1. The classes will be conducted as per a common routine/timetable and scheme of lessons prepared by the Directorate of Secondary Education, Odisha. Teaching for students of Class IX & X will be streamed at the same time from two different classrooms of one district or different districts. In a particular period of the daily timetable, one teacher will teach a lesson of a subject for all students of class X in the state and at the same time, another teacher will be teaching a lesson for all students of Class IX.
2. The classes will be streamed from Monday to Friday from 10.45 am to 1 pm with 4 periods of 30 minutes duration each. There will be no class on Saturday so as to enable teachers for preparation of lessons and other related works.
3. While the lessons of Class X will be delivered from the Text Book as per the revised syllabus of the last academic session the lessons of Class IX will be based on UTKARSH Books.
4. For Class X, the subject-wise distribution of the 20 periods in a week will be : Odia-3, English-3, MTA-2, MTG-2, SCP-2, SCL-2, Geography+ Histroty-03, TLS+TLH=3.
5. Similarly, for Class IX, the subject-wise distribution of the 20 periods in a week will be Odia-4, English-4, MTA-3, MTG-3, SCP-3, SCL-3.
6. The district-wise allocation of the subject and chapter shall be prepared by DSE and intimated to the districts.
7. DEOs are to prepare basic YouTube Live Streaming studios by improvising classrooms and arranging minimum equipment for YouTube Live Streaming classes. The OSEPA will communicate the YouTube Live Streaming credentials to the district.
i) Self-introduction and introduction to the lesson by the teachers. ii) Clarification of the doubts/reply to content related questioned received in the YouTube Live chat messages in the previous virtual class.
Delivery of the lesson:
Teaching/explanation of the content with support of TLM, videos/ animated videos/ graphics/ PPT etc. This will include revision of link lessons/concepts of the previous class. iii) recapitulation of what is taught. iv) dissemination of important information relating to the telecast of video lessons, Radio Pathshala, availability of contents in Diksha App, Madhu App. f) Concerned subject teachers of each school will watch the live class and they will clear doubts of the students on the lesson delivered, through chat or voice call. g) Each school will record daily data of students watching the YouTube live classes with the help of the subject teacher.
Practice & Assessment
The teachers at school will develop subject wise/class wise worksheets/assessment sheets on each chapter and these will be sent to children’s home through WhatsApp. Teachers will evaluate and record their scores using individual files for each child which will be monitored by the BEO/ DEOs/ State level Officials. (i) Schools may arrange additional online classes beyond the timetable fixed by the state for doubt clearing & delivering of additional contents.
The DEOs have been asked to make necessary arrangement for the classes and ensure smooth and successful implementation of the same.