2-Storey Building, 3 Plots Detected In Bhubaneswar During Vigilance Raid On Supt Engineer
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Vigilance sleuths on Wednesday unearthed a double-storey building and three plots in Bhubaneswar during raids on properties linked to Public Health (PH) Superintending Engineer, Bhubaneswar, Biswabandhu Panigrahi, on allegation of possessing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Assets detected in the name of Panigrahi and his family members are:-
1) Double-storey building over 2500 sqft at plot No.9505, House No.G/L-73 at VSS Nagar, Bhubaneswar
2) Agreement made with Assotech (realtor) and advance Rs 39 lakhs paid for purchasing 3-BHK Flat in name of his spouse in Tower No.B5-0202 of Assotech Pride, Rudrapur, Bhubaneswar
3) A single-storey building over 3500 sqft at plot No.1472/4523 at Mathasahi, Bhadrak
4) 3 plots at Pandara in Bhubaneswar and one at Mathasahi in Bhadrak
5) Rs 2 lakh in cash
6) Gold weighing 250 grams
6) Insurance deposits worth over Rs 51 lakh
7) One four-wheeler and 4 two-wheelers.
The measurement and valuation/assessment of the buildings/plots are being carried out by Vigilance Technical Wing. Bank, postal and other deposits are also under verification, an official release said.
Notably, simultaneous house searches were conducted by a team of 7 DSPs, 5 inspectors , 8 ASIs and other staff on the strength of search warrants issued by Special Judge, Vigilance, Bhubaneswar, at the 6 places in Bhubaneswar and Bhadrak this morning.
1- Double-storey building over plot No. 9505-House No. G/L-73 at VSS Nagar, Bhubaneswar.
2- Three BHK flat in Assotech Pride, Tower No. B5-0202, Rudrapur, Bhubaneswar.
3- Single-storey building over plot No.1472/4523, at Mathasahi, Bhadrak.
4-Paternal house at Toranpada village, Bhadrak.
5- House of relative at G/L-77,VSS Nagar, Bhubaneswar.
6-Office chamber of Panigrahi at EIC,PH Division, Unnati Bhawan, Bhubaneswar.