3-Storey Building Worth Rs 1 Cr In Bhubaneswar, 21 Plots Detected During Vigilance Raid On Rural Works Engineer
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Vigilance sleuths on Friday unearthed disproportionate assets, running into crores of rupees, during raids on properties linked to Arjun Kumar Sahoo, Assistant Engineer, Rural Works Sub-Division, Salipur in Cuttack district.
According to a Vigilance release, two buildings, including a triple-storied in Bhubaneswar worth around Rs 1 crore, 21 plots, deposits worth over Rs 88.26 lakh, Rs 5.45 lakh in cash and 3 four-wheelers were detected during the house searches.
1) Triple-storey building over 5000 sqft at plot No-45, Khandagiri Vihar, Bhubaneswar.
2) A single-storey building with area 1729 sqft at Sadanandapur, Derabis, Kendrapada.
3) 21 plots, including one in prime area of Bhubaneswar and others in Kendrapada district.
4) Rs 5,45,040 in cash.
5) Bank deposits and investment in share market over Rs 88.26 lakh.
6) 3 four wheelers (Hyundai Creta, Swift DZIRE & Maruti Suzuki) and 4 two-wheelers.
The measurement and valuation/assessment of the buildings/ plots is being carried out by Vigilance Technical Wing. Postal, insurance and other deposits are also under verification, it added.
Earlier in the day, Odisha Vigilance led by 8 DSPs, 8 inspectors, 7ASIs and other staff carried out simultaneous house searches at 8 places in Khurdha (Bhubaneswar), Cuttack and Kendrapada districts.
1. A three-storey building at Khandagiri Vihar, Lane No.2, plot No. 125/3056, Bhubaneswar.
2. A double-storey building located at Sadanandapur under Derabis Tehsil, Kendrapada.
3. A rented house at Balarampur, Kendrapada.
4. The office room of Sahoo at Rural Works Sub-Division, Salipur, Cuttack.
5. Government residential quarters at Salipur, Cuttack.
6. The house of his relative at Raipur, Kendrapada.
7. House of his close associate Kumar Behera at Badahat, Kendrapada.
8. The rented house of another close associate of Sahoo near District Agriculture office, Kendrapada.