Over 40 Fall Ill In Chlorine Gas Leakage At SCB


Cuttack: In an unfortunate incident, more than 40 persons took ill in
chlorine gas leakage from the Public Health Engineering Organisation
(PHEO) pump house on the premises of SCB Medical College and Hospital
in Cuttack on Wednesday.

Those injured include some students of the medical college, relatives
of the patients admitted to the hospital and fire personnel, who
rushed to the spot after being informed about the mishap. They were
admitted to the casualty of the hospital. Their health condition is
stated to be stable.

The leakage was later stopped after an operation of more than two
hours by the local fire officials. The situation is under control now,
reports said.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.