Bhubaneswar: The COVID-19 death toll in Odisha rose to 1,739 on Monday with five more patients succumbing to the disease in the last 24 hours.
Of the new deaths, three were reported from Khurda district and two from Nuapada district.
The Health and Family Welfare Department identified the deceased as:
- A 35-year-old male of Khurda district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus.
- A 60-year-old male of Khurda district.
- A 55-year-old male of Khurda district.
- A 60-year-old male of Nuapada district.
- A 50-year-old female of Nuapada district.