Bhubaneswar: The COVID-19 death toll in Odisha climbed to 1,760 on Friday with five more patients succumbing to the disease in the last 24 hours.
Of the fresh deaths, two are from Keonjhar district and one each from Mayurbhanj, Malkangiri and Nuapada districts.
The Health and Family Welfare Department identified the deceased as:
- A 65-year-old female of Keonjhar district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Ischemic Heart Disease.
- A 64-year-old male of Keonjhar district who was also suffering from Diabetes Mellitus & Hypertension.
- A 75-year-old female of Mayurbhanj district who was also suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease & Anemia.
- A 40-year-old female of Malkangiri district.
- A 40-year-old male of Nuapada district who was suffering from Sickle Cell Disease.