5 Of Family Critical As LPG Cylinder Bursts In Odisha’s Angul

Angul: At least five members of a family were critically injured after a cooking gas cylinder caught fire and burst at a village in Odisha’s Angul district on Wednesday.

As per reports, the incident took place at Talamula village under the jurisdiction of Banarpal police limits of the district.

The injured family members, including a minor, were first admitted to the district headquarters hospital Angul. Three of them were later shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital at Cuttack as their condition deteriorated.

Sources said the incident took place around noon when cooking was in progress in the kitchen. Two family members noticed gas leaking from the LPG cylinder. Before they could do anything, the cylinder which had caught fire burst inside the house. While the two shouted for help, other members of the family rushed to save them and sustained burn in the process.

The injured family members were rushed to the district headquarter hospital (DHH) by their neighbours. Three of them with over 40 percent burns were shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital at Cuttack for proper treatment.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.