Odisha: Five Injured In Jajpur Cylinder Blast

0

Jajpur: Five members of a family in Jajpur’s Kalindrabad village suffered critical injuries after a cooking gas cylinder blasted on Thursday afternoon.

The incident took place when one of the family members tried to adjust the coiled gas pipe connecting the LPG cylinder and the gas stove while cooking was still in process. The gas pipe got disconnected from the cylinder and a big explosion took place. As a result, a fire broke out in the house.

Mahendra Kumar Sahu, Alakamani Sahu, Sabita Sahu, Akhaji Sahu, and Raju Sahu of the family have reportedly suffered severe injuries in the explosion.

Fire Service personnel reached the spot and doused the fire.

The victims were taken to the Jajpur District Headquarters Hospital. They were later shifted to a private hospital in Bhubaneswar.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.