5-Yr-Old Boy Sustains Burn Injuries In Mobile Phone Explosion In Odisha’s Cuttack

Cuttack: A five-year-old boy sustained severe injuries when a mobile phone held by him exploded in Odisha’s Cuttack district on Saturday.

The injured child has been identified as Baibhav Dalei of Mangarajpur village under Badamba block in the district. While he was playing with the mobile phone without the knowledge of his parents, it exploded at around 9 am, sources said.

The clothes of Baibhav got burnt and he sustained severe burn injuries on his knee and ankle in the explosion. His parents rushed him to the Community Health Centre (CHC) at Badamba.

After preliminary treatment, he was shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack. The condition of the child is stable now, the sources said.

Though the actual cause of explosion has not been ascertained, family members suspected it could be due to prolonged use.

Expressing his shock over the incident, Baibhav’s father Balabhadra Dalei said, “What happened to my son should not happen to anyone. I would appeal to everybody not to keep the mobile phones on charging throughout the night. They should keep the children away from the mobile phones.”

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.