New York: An armed man was shot dead by US Secret Service agents after entering a restricted security zone at President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida on Sunday morning (local time), authorities said.
Trump and First Lady Melania were at the White House at the time of the incident.
The identity of the trespasser, believed to be in his 20s, has not been disclosed yet.
According to the Secret Service, the man was spotted near the north gate of the resort. carrying what appeared to be a shotgun and a fuel can.
He was shot by Secret Service agents along with a deputy from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, an official statement said.
None from the Secret Service and sheriff’s personnel was injured.
The FBI, Secret Service and Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office are jointly investigating the shooting incident, and trying to find out the man’s background, and possible motive.
This is not the first time Trump has faced serious a security threat.
On July 13, 2024, he was injured during an assassination attempt at a Presidential election campaign rally in Butler, Pennsylvania.
Then on September 15, 2024, a man armed with a rifle was nabbed after allegedly waiting near Trump’s golf course in West Palm Beach while the President was playing. The suspect was sentenced to life in prison earlier this month.














