Ammonia Leak From Ice Factory In Balasore Creates Panic
Balasore: Gas leak at an ice factory in Odisha’s Balasore here led to panic among the locals on Friday.
While no casualty has been reported, sources said students of a school located within 100 metres radius were shifted to a safe place.
Local sources said people living in the 100 metre radius could smell the toxic ammonia gas of the ice factory at Tarini Square.
Fire Service personnel rushed to the spot and the leak has reportedly been plugged.
What led to panic among people is that the ice factory was declared illegal by the Odisha State Pollution Control Board.