Another Elephant Dies Of Electrocution In Odisha’s Angul

Angul: Another elephant died due to electrocution in a village under Bantala forest range in Odisha’s Angul district.

According to sources, the adult elephant had strayed into Kantamegha village under Talagada panchayat in the district. It went inside a banana orchard outside the village in search of food. The villagers found the tusker dead inside the orchard on Monday morning and informed the Forest department.

A team of Forest officials from Angul division went to Kantamegha and started investigation. They found an electricity wire wrapped around the trunk of the pachyderm.

They suspected that somebody had laid live electricity wire in the orchard to keep the wild animals away. The elephant might have come in contact with the live wire and died, said the Forest officials. They sent the elephant’s body for post-mortem.

It may be mentioned that another elephant had died due to electrocution at Badahinsa village under the same forest range on April 15.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.