Recently, New Zealand declared that it was completely free of Coronavirus. Prime Minister Jacinda Arden announced that all social distancing restrictions were lifted, except for border closure.
Let’s take a look at some other countries across the globe which have also become Corona-free.
- Montenegro – This coastal European nation declared itself Corona-free on May, 25. Prime Minister Dusko Markovic proudly declared that it is the “first coronavirus-free country in Europe” reported ABC News.
- Tanzania – On Sunday, Tanzanian President, John Magufuli announced that his country is Corona-free. “Corona in our country has been removed by the powers of God,” declared the President at a church service.
- Seychelles – The country declared itself Corona-free after its Health Ministry announced full recoveries.
- Vatican – After all the 12 patients recovered, the Vatican announced itself Corona-free on June 6.
- Fiji – Fiji Prime Minister Frank Bainimarama announced that the nation is free of COVID-19 in the first week of June. This declaration was made after all the 18 positive COVID-19 patients recovered.
- St Kitts and Nevis – The West Indies nation became Corona-free on May 19, after all the 15 confirmed COVID-19 positive patients recovered.
- Leste – The nation became Corona-free on May 15 after all its 24 confirmed cases recovered.
- Papua New Guinea – After the full recovery of the 24 confirmed cases, the Pacific nation became Corona-free on May 4.
- Holy See – This territory in Rome, Italy announced itself Corona-free on Saturday after all the 12 cases finally tested negative
- Eritrea – Eritrea, in northeast Africa, reported its corona free status on May 15.
(Source – ABC News, Hindustan Times(HT))