Bank’s Regional Office Among 11 New Micro-Containment Zones In Bhubaneswar With Nearly 6K Active Cases
Bhubaneswar: With COVID-19 cases spiralling in the Odisha capital, the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Friday declared 11 more micro-containment zones to check the spread of the virus.
1. Unit-9 1Qtr No-one E-45/3,
2. Unit-9 2RA-15,
3. Flat No-201.Toshali Apartment, Satya Nagar
4. LB-100, Laxmi Sahara
5. Plot No -405 Laxmi Sagar
6. Plot No-814/4011, Sriram Nagar
7. Union Bank of India, Regional Office, 1st Floor, 3/1A Civic Centre, IRC Village
8. FN-8, Rosan Appt., Naharkanta
9. Flat No-5, Core-B, Block-3, Old LIC Colony, Maitree Vihar
10. Plot No-56, Sampark Vihar, Patia
11. 402, Regal Dove Appt., Patia
Entry of the public into the containment zones is banned. The inhabitants of the containment zones have also been advised to stay indoors. Shopping establishments, government and private institutions located within the boundary of the containment zone will also remain closed with essentials and medicines being supplied by the corporation.
Notably, the city witnessed a major surge with 1055 positive cases against 803 on Wednesday, 710 new cases on Tuesday, 619 cases on Monday and 574 cases on Sunday. Bhubaneswar had 5552 active cases till Thursday. With over 10,000 more cases being added to the state tally in the last 24 hours and Khurda reporting 3496 fresh infections, the active tally in the city is likely to increase further.