Bhubaneswar: The COVID-19 tally in the Odisha capital rose to 283 on Saturday with nine fresh positive cases.
According to a tweet by the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC), one of the new cases is from home quarantine while the eight others are through local contact.
The home quarantine case is a 26-year-old woman from the Airport colony, with a travel history from New Delhi.
The eight local contact cases are as follows:
* 4 cases — 31 yrs & 38 yrs female, 50 yrs & 18 yrs male of Siripur and Laxmibazar slum linked with an earlier positive case.
* 1 case — 52 yrs male, a native of other district working as a private security guard near RBI office.
* 3 cases — 38 yrs, 42 yrs, 41 yrs male, all employees of a private hospital linked with an earlier positive case.
The BMC also said that 10 more patients from the following areas of the city have recovered and have been discharged from COVID hospitals.
* 1 case — 27 yrs male of Satya Nagar near Big Bazar.
* 2 cases — 34 yrs male & 62 yrs female of the same family of Bhimpur, near the airport.
* 1 case — 19 yrs male of Salia Sahi (Nirankari Nagar).
* 4 cases — 38 yrs, 30 yrs, 34 yrs, 31 yrs male, all Railway staff.
* 2 cases — 45 yrs female & 10 yrs male of Dumduma Housing Board Colony.
Out of 283 positive cases detected in Bhubaneswar in the last 24 hours, 131 are active and 148 recovered while three patients have succumbed to the disease.