Featured

Bhubaneswar’s Filling Station Blast: Dharmendra Orders Probe, CM Announces Free Treatment Of Injured

By
OB Bureau

Bhubaneswar/Cuttack: Hours after a massive blast in a CNG chamber inside a filling station near Raj Bhawan Square in Bhubaneswar on Wednesday afternoon, Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan ordered a probe into the incident.

The Union Minister directed the concerned secretary of the Ministry to discuss the incident with the state government officials and the senior officials of the Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) and submit the probe report at the earliest. He also wished for the early recovery of the injured persons.

Meanwhile, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has announced free treatment of the injured persons injured and wished them early recovery.

Briefing media persons, Director of the Capital Hospital Laxmidhar Sahu said that nine injured persons have been admitted to the hospital of which two critically injured ones have been shifted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack.

Talking about the safety measures, Bhubaneswar DCP Umashankar Dash said although the fire in the CNG tank has been completely brought under control, there is a diesel tank and a petrol tank near the CNG tank that blew away. As a precautionary measure, we have asked the IOCL engineers to thoroughly examine the condition of these three tanks and ensure that they are safe.

“Until the IOCL declares the filling station as safe, the road from the Power House Square to Raj Bhawan Square, Raj Bhawan Square to Gopabandhu Square and Raj Bhawan Square to AG Square will remain closed. We expect that the IOCL will announce the area as safe by this evening after which the debris lying scattered in the area will be cleared and traffic movement will be allowed,” he added.

The DCP further said that the people living near the filling stations are advised to stay indoors as some combustible material is lying scattered in the area.

Reporters who had covered the horrific incident found severed legs, hands, fingers, ears and flesh in the area. Several houses and vehicles near the filling stations have been severely damaged.

Briefing the media on the condition of the two seriously injured patients, Dr Bibhuti Nayak of the Department of Plastic Surgery in the SCB Medical College and Hospital said that the two have sustained severe head injuries. While one patient has sustained 40 per cent burn injury, the other has 60 per cent burn injury. “A team of specialist doctors and surgeons of the concerned departments are trying to provide the best possible treatment to them,” he added.

OB Bureau

Recent Posts

Odisha Govt To Create 34 New NACs, Upgrade 5 Existing NACs To Municipalities

Bhubaneswar: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Saturday announced the formation of 34 new notified…

February 24, 2024

BSE Denies Matric Exam English Question Paper Leak In Odisha

Bhubaneswar: The Board of Secondary Education (BSE), Odisha on Saturday denied leak of any Matric…

February 24, 2024

Congress-AAP Seal Seat-Sharing Deal In 5 States, AAP To Go Solo In Punjab & Chandigarh

New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and the Congress officially confirmed their alliance for…

February 24, 2024

Odisha Govt Appoints Rajesh Patil As BMC Commissioner, Removes Kulange

Bhubaneswar: Senior IAS officer Rajesh Prabhakar Patil has been appointed appointed as the new Commissioner…

February 24, 2024

Passengers Encounter Breathing Problems On Snag-Hit Mumbai-Mauritius Flight

Mumbai: A malfunctioning in air conditioning system on a flight from Mumbai to Mauritius caused…

February 24, 2024

Odisha: Lords Of Puri Jagannath Temple Attired In ‘Gaja Udharana Besha’ On Magha Purnima Today

Puri: Special arrangements are being made at the Jagannath Temple in Odisha’s pilgrim town of…

February 24, 2024

Shower Brings Respite From Heat In Odisha; Temperature Falls In Bhubaneswar & Cuttack

Bhubaneswar: Days after temperature soared over 35 degree Celsius several areas, mercury level dropped in…

February 24, 2024

Rs 220 Cr Cocaine Seizure In Odisha: High Court Orders ‘Arrest’ Of Cargo Ship At Paradip

Cuttack: The Orissa High Court has ordered the 'arrest' of Panama-registered cargo ship MV Debi…

February 24, 2024