Big Ticket Projects Of Tata Steel & Adani Enterprises In Odisha Get HLCA Approval
Bhubaneswar: The High-Level Clearance Authority (HLCA) of Odisha government has approved 10 industrial projects worth Rs 74,620.18 crore.
The projects that would generate employment opportunities for over 24,047 people in the state were approved at the 29th meeting of the HLCA chaired by chief minister Naveen Patnaik on Wednesday.
The HLCA approved the proposal of ReNew EFuels Private Limited (REFPL) to set up Green Hydrogen (Capacity: 20 KTPA) and Green Ammonia Plant (Capacity: 100 KTPA) in Paradip of Jagatsinghpur district, with an investment of Rs 2000 crore which will generate employment opportunities for 2000 persons.
The Authority also gave approval to Tata Steel Limited (Growth Shop) for setting up 60,000 MT industrial structure and 6,000 MT steel plant equipment facilities with an investment of Rs 1,000 crore with employment opportunities for over 2451 people.
The Adani Enterprises Limited’s proposal to set up a 4 MTPA alumina refinery and 175 MW CPP plant in Kashipur, Rayagada district with an investment of Rs 41653 crore also got HLCA approval. It will generate employment opportunities for over 7750 people.
The other proposals that were approved at the meeting are following:
- 2.5 MTPA steel plant and 370 MW CPP in Kalinga Nagar, Jajpur district by Orissa Alloy Steel Pvt Ltd with an investment of Rs 8000 crore creating employment opportunities for 5000 people.
- Sompuri Infrastructures Private Limited’s 24 MTPA pellet plant and 6 MTPA of filter cake plant at Dhamra, in Bhadrak district with an investment of Rs 7811 crore, which will generate employment opportunities for over 684 people; a 30 MTPA Beneficiation plant at Deojhar, in Keonjhar district and a 30 MTPA Slurry Pipeline connecting its proposed Deojhar plant with the proposed pellet plant at Dhamra with an investment of Rs 4592.18 crore and Rs 3674 crore respectively.
- Aarti Steels Limited’s expansion of steel plant by setting up 3,20,833 TPA SMS, 3,00,000 TPA Special Steel Bars and Rods (auto grade), 75,000 TPA Ferro Alloys, 2 MTPA Beneficiation, 1.2 MTPA pellet plant and 65 MW CPP at Athgarh in Cuttack district with Rs 3000 crore, which will generate employment for over 3587 people.
- The committee approved the proposal of ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel India Limited for setting up a 6 MTPA Beneficiation Plant at Village Dalki and 12 MTPA Slurry Pipeline from proposed Beneficiation plant at Dalki to Dabuna Slurry pumping station unit in Dalki, Keonjhar district with Rs 1490 crore generating employment opportunities for 600 persons.
- Rungta Metals Private Limited’s (RMPL) 0.5 MTPA Integrated Steel Plant with Rs 1400 crore in Rairangpur in the district of Mayurbhanj creating employment potential for 1125 persons.