Bogie Of Samaleswari Express Catches Fire, No Loss Of Life 

Sambalpur: Passengers of Howarh-Sambalpur Samaleswari Express had a narrow escape after one of its bogies caught fire on Friday morning.

However, there was no loss of life due to timely action by the railway officials.

According to sources, passengers noticed smoke billowing out of an air-conditioned bogie while on the way to Sambalpur.

On being informed, the train guard alerted the driver, who stopped the train between Rourkela and Jharsuguda. Following which, the railway staff managed to douse the flames.

On its arrival at Jharsuguda station, railway engineers examined the bogie and attributed the fire to an electric short circuit.

Once the problem was fixed, the train left for Sambalpur where the bogie was replaced.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.