Centre Sanctions Rs 197 Crore To Redevelop Balasore Rly Station In Odisha
Bhubaneswar: The Centre has sanctioned Rs 197 crore for redevelopment of railway station at Balasore in Odisha.
Stating this in a tweet on Friday, Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw said the station would be constructed as per the traditional Balasore architecture. Its design will integrate elements like arches, ornate facades and locally sourced materials that reflect the town’s cultural heritage.
The station’s facade will feature wheels of the Konark Temple and top portion will be made as per the design of the
‘Shikhar’ of Jaganath temple in Puri. The facade will showcase paintings of the Saura tribals. The project is targeted to be completed in 30 months.
Following are the main features of the plan for redeveloped station:
● It will handle 50,000 passengers per day
● Station building on both sides of city connected with 18 m wide roof plaza
● Improvement to circulating area and provision of cover shed
● Improvement to the waiting hall and construction of AC lounge
● 14 lifts, 6 escalators, 20 access control gates
● 3 FOBs connecting all platforms; all covered platforms
● Parking space of more than 7000 sqm
● 133 KW Solar Panel; 1000 KLD water recycling plant
● Improvement of goods shed