New Delhi: With the third phase of COVID-19 vaccination drive set to start from May 1, the Centre on Saturday released a strategy guide for the states. The drive will cover all above 18 years of age.
Chairing a high-level meeting on effective implementation of the new vaccination strategy, Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan asked states and Union Territories to set up field hospitals with help from government research agencies or private sector.
The states can take help from the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and similar agencies in the private sector.
Speaking at the meeting, Dr RS Sharma, chairman of the empowered group on technology and data management on COVID-19, said the CoWIN platform is equipped to handle the complexities of the new phase of vaccination, according to a livemint report.
The Centre has issued the following advisory for the states regarding the Phase III vaccination:
- Register additional private COVID Vaccination Centres (CVCs) by engaging with private hospitals, hospitals of industrial establishments, industry associations, etc.
- Monitor the number of hospitals that have procured vaccines and have declared stocks and prices on COWIN.
- Schedule vaccination for the eligible population for providing adequate visibility of vaccination slots on COWIN.
- Publicise ‘only online registration’ for age groups 18-45 years.
- Train CVC staff about vaccination, AEFI reporting and management, use of COWIN – training schedule and reconciliation of vaccine stocks have been already provided to private CVCs.
- Coordinate with law-and-order authorities for effective crowd management at CVCs.