Sambalpur: The Sambalpur district administration on Thursday declared several areas as containment/buffer zones in view of the rising cases of COVID-19.
The restrictions came into effect from 7 am of Thursday (July 16) and will remain in force till further orders.
– Ambedkar Nagar adjacent to Ramsagar Bandh in ward no. 25 of Sambalpur Municipal Corporation (SMC)
– Gurudwara Colony in ward no. 4, Burla
– Telgupada in ward no. 7, Burla
– Samaleswari Colony of Pattanaikpara in Thelkopada in SMC’s ward nos. 24 and 25
– E&F type quarter lines of Forward Colony in ward no. 4, Burla
– Nuapada, OHPC Colony, Friends Colony, Binayak Hospital and Sourav Vihar.
urgent medical cases shall be allowed. IIC,Burla will issue required pass in case of emergencies with an intimation to the Control Room.
B- Control Room having Police, Medical team & SMC staff will be functional at Telgupada & at Gopabandhu Chowk.
— DM Sambalpur (@DmSambalpur) July 15, 2020
The district administration informed that during the period of restriction, all vehicular movements, including public transport, will be stopped.
All the inhabitants of the containment zones will strictly remain at home and all shopping establishment of whatsoever nature will be closed immediately.
Besides, all government and private institutions located within the boundaries of the containment zones will also be closed forthwith.
The supply of essentials and medical requirements will be ensured through various teams formed by SMC, the administration said.