COVID-19 Lockdown: Odisha Govt Allows Construction Works, But With Riders
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government on Sunday said all construction activities in the government and private sector will be allowed during the two-week lockdown in the state with the following stipulations.
- All construction activities and associated movement of vehicle/labourers in both rural and urban areas.
- The standard operating procedure (SOP) is to be followed in government and private construction sites and movement of personnel vehicles to prevent the spreading of COVID-19 and protect the workers/construction personnel from the heat wave.
- The Collector/Municipal Commissioner shall allow operations of the offices of the contractors/ construction agencies at district headquarters/ other places and work sites in the district on the recommendation of the executive engineers of the Works Divisions, during the lockdown period.
- Such offices located in the containment zones shall not operate.
- Letter of the executive engineer of the concerned division to contractors/construction agencies should be treated as a valid document to allow travel of their personnel from homes to office/work sites and to the government offices only for their professional requirement.
- For movement of the staff, the two-wheeler is allowed only with the rider and no pillion rider and car is allowed with driver plus one passenger in the back seat.