COVID-19: Odisha Govt Forms Expert Teams To Monitor Treatment Facilities In Hospitals; Details Here
Bhubaneswar: With the COVID-19 cases on the rise, the Odisha government on Sunday formed expert teams to monitor the treatment facilities including beds, HDU and ICU capacity in government as well as private hospitals.
The expert teams have been formed both at medical college and state levels. They will visit the established COVID facilities and monitor those for provision of optimal COVID case management, according to a Health and Family Welfare department release.
State Level Team
- Special Secretary (PH), H&FW Department – Chairman
- Prof & HOD of Pulmonary Medicine of Govt MCH for the district
- Prof & HOD of Microbiology of Govt MCH for the district
- Prof & HOD of Anesthesiology of Govt MCH for the district
Medical College Lovel Team
- Faculty in Pulmonary Medicine/Medicine
- Faculty in Microbiology
- Faculty in Anesthesiology
Responsibilities Of Teams
- The Medical College Level Teams shall be formed by the Dean and Principal of the concerned medical colleges in consultation with the Superintendent of the attached hospital and HODs of Pulmonary Medicine/Medicine, Microbiology Anesthesiology.
- The team will inspect and supervise the COVID Hospitals on site in the districts tagged to them with prior information the CDM & PHO of district that will facilitate the inspection. He will ensure the presence of authorised Medical Officer attached to the hospital during inspection of the team
- The Teams shall observe and assess the protocols followed for screening the cases, isolation and quarantine mechanisms followed, method of collection, management Of COVID positive cases, management of patients in ICUs, Biomedical Waste Disposal, Infection Control and Prevention methods, rational use of PPEs, deceased body disposal methods followed and appropriate use of facilities like HDUs & ICUs beds.
- During its onsite inspection, the team will assess adherence to different guidelines on management and infection prevention control practice in the hospital and appropriate use of facilities like HDUS and ICUs beds.
- The members of the team will assess the quality of diets, equipments, provision & stock of logistics including oxygen. drugs and PPES.
- The team will also assess the level of patient satisfaction in the hospital.
- The team will interact with the treating teams, AMOs & other staff and will advise them on any remedial measures which may be required.
- The team will submit the report to the DMET, Odisha through the Dean & Principal of the college.
- The state level team will inspect and supervise the hospitals based on the feedback received from MCH Level teams.