COVID-19: Senior Officers To Oversee Containment Measures In Odisha Capital
Bhubaneswar: Chief Secretary Asit Tripathy on Tuesday assigned the overall charge of containment and prevention of coronavirus in three zones under Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) to six senior officers.
Who will take care of which area?
- Principal Secretary, ST/SC Dev, MBCW Dept,Ranjan Chopra and Principal Secretary, Energy, Bishnupada Sethi have been assigned the North Zone.
- Principal Scretary, Excise S.K. Lohani and Commissioner-cum-Secretary, Higher Education, Saswat Mishra have been assigned the South East Zone.
- Principal Secreatry, Finance, Ashok K Meena and Commissioner-cum-Secretary, SSEPD, Bhaskar Jyoti Sharma have been assigned the South West Zone.
The Chief Secretary said that the decision was taken after Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik expressed concern over the rise in the number of corona positive cases in the state during the review meeting this morning.
The senior officers will be in overall charge of overseeing the following:
- Intensive sampling of primary and secondary contacts.
- Contact tracing.
- Household survey by the surveillance team in the containment zone, if any.
- IEC in the containment zone.
- Supply of essential commodities for the households under containment.
- Any other instructions issued by the government.