COVID Restrictions Back In Bhubaneswar; Check BMC Advisory
Bhubaneswar: With Odisha continuing to register COVID cases in three figures and Khurda district emerging as the hot spot, the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Thursday imposed restrictions for the people in the area under its jurisdiction.
In an official order, the BMC said in order to check the spread of COVID-19 infection and for containment of the disease, the following advisory is given for all concerned for strict adherence:
- All citizens residing within BMC area as well as those coming from outside to BMC area or present in BMC area will have to wear mask appropriately while moving out and while in public places.
- All citizens have to maintain social distancing of 2 metre among themselves at all times in public places.
- All malls/shops/store owners will ensure social distancing of 2 mt on their premises. The responsibility of maintenance of social distancing lies with the owner.
- People are advised to maintain hand hygiene frequently and observe appropriate coughing/sneezing etiquette at all times.
- They will refrain from spitting in public places
- The CEO/managers/head of the government as well as private offices will ensure that their employees are observing COVID appropriate behaviour mentioned above on their office premises
The BMC warned that violation of the restrictions will attract penal provisions of the Odisha COVID-19 Regulations and amendments made time to time.
It may be noted that the state reported 155 COVID positive cases in the last 24 hours, including 16 cases in the 0-18 age group. Khurda topped among the districts with 69 positive cases during the period.