Cuttack Reports Three More COVID-19 Deaths, Odisha Toll Nears 400
Bhubaneswar: The COVID-19 death toll in Odisha rose to 399 on Saturday with nine more patients succumbing to the virus in the last 24 hours.
The new fatalities were reported from Cuttack (3), Sundargarh (2) and one each in Balangir, Ganjam, Malkangiri, and Rayagada.
The Health Department identified the deceased as:
1. A 28-year-old male of Balangir district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
2. A 50-year-old male of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
3. A 70-year-old female of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Hypertension, Diabetes and a Gall Badder ailment.
4.A 51-year-old female of Cuttack district who was also suffering from Diabetes, Hypertension and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
5.A 60-year-old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Sepsis .
6. A 53-year-old male of Malkangiri district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
7. A 51-year-old male of Rayagada district.
8. A 54-year-old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes and Hypertension.
9. A 60-year-old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes, Dilated Cardiomyopathy and Right Pleural Effusion.
With the nine new casualties, the virus has so far claimed 171 lives in Ganjam district, followed by 54 in Khurda, 26 in Sundargarh, 21 in Cuttack, 19 in Rayagada, 16 in Gajapati, 10 each in Nayagarh and Puri, nine in Sambalpur, eight in Balasore, six in Kandhamal and Bhadrak, five each in Bargarh and Keonjhar, four each in Jajpur, Malkangiri and Angul, three each in Koraput, and Kendrapada, two each in Sonepur, Balangir, Dhenkanal, Mayurbhanj, Jagatsinghpur and Kalahandi and one each in Jharsuguda, and Nabarangpur.