Bhubaneswar: The state government has requested pensioners to avoid visiting treasuries and banks for periodic submission of ‘Life Certificate’ for disbursement of pension to protect themselves from COVID-19.
According to a press release of Finance department, the government has extended the deadline for following official works to May 2021 instead of November 2020:
- Periodic Submission of Life Certificate
- Periodic Submission of non-marriage/re-marriage declaration
- Submission of non-employment of certificate
- Disbursement of pension for the first time without the physical presence of pensioner/family pensioner
- Disbursement of Gratuity Payment Order/Commuted Value of Pension (CVP) without the physical presence of pensioner/family pensioner
The department further said the arrangement has been made to bring service delivery closer to the pensioners under the policy initiative of 5T and Mo Sarkar especially during the pandemic.