Dhenkanal: As many as 22 students were taken ill on Saturday after consuming midday meal in which a dead lizard was allegedly found. The incident took place at Kodibhanga Primary School under Hindol block in Dhenkanal district.
Soon after consuming the meal, the children complained of nausea, headache and vomiting. They were rushed to Hindol sub-divisional hospital. Their condition is stated to be stable.
Meanwhile, the district administration has assured parents and guardians of an inquiry into the matter.
According to reports, the matter came to light after one of the students found a dead lizard in the food served to him and informed the school authorities about it.