Bhubaneswar: DGP Dr R P Sharma on Monday reviewed the progress of Model Police Station with the SPs and DCPs through video conferencing at State Police Headquarters in Cuttack.
Earlier, it was decided to open one Model Police Station in each district to serve the citizens in the most efficient and time-bound manner. Some criteria were also fixed for such police station.
The SPs said that they had completed the infrastructural requirements, however there were some deficiencies with regard to delivery of service.
“Since all the districts are running with the shortage of executive staff, it will be difficult to provide required number of staff to the Model Police Station,” the SPs added.
The DGP assured all kind of support in this regard. In the meeting, he stressed various aspects for proper functioning of Model Police Station.
- Utmost importance will be given on people-friendly policing.
- The Reception Centre will function properly with provision of clean drinking water and seating arrangement.
- The officers or staff of Reception Centre will be well behaved.
- Proper functioning of Mahila and Sishu Desk.
- Entry of all complaints in the Reception Register and issue of acknowledgement.
- Important information like contact numbers of senior police officers, Child Help line, emergency services will be displayed on the walls of reception centre.
- Door step delivery of some of the police services.
- Mandatory registration of senior citizens staying alone.
- Regular interaction with civil society in their locality.
- Strengthening of ‘Ama Police’ system.
- Special units to deal with women security in vulnerable areas like schools, colleges, working women’s hostels etc.
- Proper emphasis on investigation of cases within the stipulated time period.
- As preventive measure, IIC will identify sensitive areas in their jurisdiction and make arrangements accordingly.
- There will be adequate patrolling in the commercially sensitive areas.
- Areas prone to property offences like banks, bus stand, railway station etc will be identified for prompt action.
- Night patrolling and road blocking will be done at regular interval.
- IICs of Model Police Stations will organise awareness campaign on road safety in schools and colleges at least once in a month.
- Checking of hotels and lodgings at regular interval.
- Monitoring the activities of anti-socials in PS area.
- Necessary registers will be maintained in the Model police Station for prompt delivery of services.
- Proper functioning of Citizens Portal will be emphazised.
- All reports will be generated through CCTNS.
- All documents during investigation will be digitized.
- Adequate emphasis will be given to services under Right to Public
- All verifications will be done within the stipulated time period.
The DGP also asked the SPs to take special care for early functioning of Model Police Station in their respective districts and post suitable staff and officers.
He also discussed about the Police Commemoration Day that would be observed across the country on October 21.
He asked the SPs to observe the day in a befitting manner and pay utmost care to make it a grand success in the districts.
In the meeting they also decided to take steps to install statues of martyrs in their local schools and colleges, besides publishing articles and write-up on them in the national and regional newspapers in the weeks preceding the Police Commemoration Day.
It was also decided that a senior officer from Police Force of Martyr will pay a visit to the family of martyrs to enquire about their well being.
Short video clip on police martyrs will be prepared for release in social media and cinema halls, besides short documentary film for telecast on national and regional TV channels.