Bhubaneswar: The East Coast Railway (ECoR) has planned adequate precautionary measures to ensure safety of running trains and passengers during the monsoon season.
Concerned officials have been directed to be on full alert towards any incident caused by heavy rain and flood situation near railway tracks for the safety of passengers and smooth train operations.
Meetings have been conducted with state Irrigation department officials for proper maintenance of tanks and works.
ECoR officials are in constant touch with India Meteorological Department so that proper mobilization can be done on getting weather alerts. Officers, supervisors and staff are on stand-by to attend to monsoon-related emergencies.
Following are ECoR’s precautionary measures:
* Close watch to save railway bridges, tracks, yards and signalling system
* Silt, vegetation and other obstructions cleared from catch water and side drains
* Meetings conducted with state govt officials
* Patrolling at vulnerable locations by deputing patrolmen and watchmen
* Sectional gangmen to patrol tracks whenever there is heavy rain
* Arrangements made to stock sufficient quantities of monsoon reserve materials
* Constant liaisoning with Meteorological Department
* Additional Control Room & Disaster Management Cell of ECoR to be opened if any untoward incident occurs.