Family Escapes As Mobile Phone Blast Sets House On Fire In Odisha’s Bhadrak

Bhadrak: A family had a narrow escape as their house caught fire, which was triggered by explosion of a mobile phone in Odisha’s Bhadrak district on Thursday.

As per reports, the family of Amar Pradhan of Baligaon under Chandbali block of the district had retired to bed after having dinner on Wednesday night. Before sleeping, Amar’s wife had put her mobile phone on charge from an electrical socket.

In the wee hours of Thursday, while the entire family was asleep, the cellphone exploded setting fire to curtains and clothes in the room. The fire spread rapidly and in no time, engulfed the entire house.

Luckily, all members of the family got up and managed to come out of the house which was on fire. Amar sustained minor injuries while trying to douse the fire. But all the furniture in the room were damaged.

However, Amar’s neighbours came to their rescue and brought the fire under control. Later, Fire officials went to the spot and extinguished the fire.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.