Farmer electrocuted while working in field in Nayagarh

Reading Time: < 1 minute

Nayagarh: A farmer died after suffering an electric shock while working in his field at Kandhanayagarh village in Nayagarh district on Saturday.
The incident took place when an overhead high tension wire suddenly snapped and fell on Gurubari Barad (55). He died on the spot.
The villagers and relatives of the deceased alleged that the mishap occurred due to the negligence of the employees of the local power distribution company. They also sought adequate compensation for the kin of the deceased.
On being informed about the incident, police and district officials rushed to the spot and assured the villagers to conduct an inquiry into the matter.



Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.