Fire At Balasore Sishu Bhawan

Balasore: A fire broke out at Sishu Bhawan (pediatric ward) on the premises of district headquarters hospital in Odisha’s Balasore around 9:30 pm on Thursday night.

According to sources, children admitted to this ward were shifted to other wards on the lower floors after the Nutrition Rehabilitation Centre (NRC) on the top floor went up in flames.

The hospital authorities immediately alerted the fire department. Three fire engines soon reached the spot and doused the flames. There was no injury or casualty in the incident, the sources added.

A electric short-circuit could have caused the fire, Fire Official P Soren said.

On getting information, Balasore Collector K Sudarshan Chakravarthy and SP Jugal Kishor Kumar Banoth reached the spot and took stock of the situation.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.