Fire Breaks Out At COVID Hospital In Odisha’s Cuttack

0

Cuttack: A fire broke out in the ICU ward of Sadguru COVID Hospital at Jagatpur on the outskirts of Cuttack city on Monday morning.

Following information, Fire Service personnel rushed to the hospital and brought the blaze under control.

Soon after the outbreak of the fire, the District Collector, Twin City Police Commissioner and the Commissioner of Cuttack Municipal Corporation (CMC) rushed to the spot to take stock of the situation.

Cuttack Collector Bhabani Shankar Chayani said the fire broke out due to a short circuit.

The collector said there was no casualty as the hospital authorities immediately vacated 27 patients from the ICU ward.

He further said that a total of 127 patients including the ICU patients undergoing treatment at the hospital are being shifted to other hospitals like Ashwini COVID hospital, Gopabandhu Ayurvedic College and SCB Medical College and Hospital.

The hospital authorities said restoration work is going in full swing and efforts are on to bring back the patients by evening.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.