Fire Breaks Out At Electronic Showroom In Bhubaneswar’s Market Building

Bhubaneswar: A fire broke out in Usha’s showroom inside the Unit-II market building complex around 10.30 pm on Thursday night in Odisha’s capital.

According to reports, some locals spotted the blaze and raised alarm.

On being informed, the local police along with six fire tenders from Kalpana Square fire station were pressed into action to douse the flames.

No one was injured in the incident but property worth lakhs were destroyed. A short-circuit in an AC compressor is suspected to have started the fire.

“Six fire tenders and 30 fire services personnel fought the flames for over one hour. We have been successful in our ‘Mission Zero Casualty’,” a fire official was quoted as saying.

Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) Mayor Sulochana Das also reached the spot to take stock of the situation. “The fire was brought under control in time, else it would have turned into a major mishap,” she said.

It is pertinent to mention here that a fire broke out in BMC’s Keshari Mall near Market Building around three months ago on June 12. A short-circuit in the battery room was suspected to have caused the fire. Before that, on April 15, four dress stores, a beauty parlour and other shops in the same mall were gutted in a fire.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.