Fire Breaks Out At Jewellery Shop In Odisha’s Cuttack City

Cuttack: Panic prevailed at Nimchouri in Odisha’s Cuttack city after a fire broke out in a jewellery shop on Monday evening.

According to sources, the fire reportedly occurred around 7.10 pm when some employees and customers were at the shop. Two team of fire fighters from Buxi Bazaar fire station immediately rushed to the spot and managed to douse the flames after an hour-long operation, preventing it from spreading to nearby residences and shops. The ceiling was also broken to let the smoke out.

While no casualties or injuries were reported, property worth several lakhs of rupees was reportedly reduced to ashes in the mishap.

Short-circuit is suspected to have caused the fire, according to preliminary investigation.


Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.