Fire Breaks Out In Train At Coaching Depot Of Puri Railway Station In Odisha

Puri: A fire broke out in a train parked at the coaching depot at Puri railway station in Odisha on Tuesday.

As per preliminary information, one coach of the train was reportedly gutted in the fire mishap.
The train was stationed at the coaching depot for cleaning related operations when the fire erupted. As per initial reports, the fire was reported at the washing line.

No injury to anyone was reported in the incident as passengers were not present in the train.

Soon after the fire was noticed, a massive operation was launched by the fire services personnel to douse the flames. The fire was reported to have started from the bottom portion of the coach.

Immediate steps were also taken to detach other coaches of the train to prevent the fire from spreading to other coaches.

While the exact reason behind the mishap is yet to be ascertained, it is being suspected that electrical short circuit from battery might have led to the fire.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.