Fire Hits Two CRPF Godowns In Rayagada; Office Equipment Gutted
Rayagada: Office equipment was gutted after fire caught two godowns of CRPF in Rayagada town late on Friday night.
There was no loss of life as no one was present inside the godowns.
Sources said the BQ and CQ godowns of the 4th CRPF Battalion on the Rayagada College Road caught fire at about 1 am. The mishap came to light on Saturday morning after locals informed the police.
Fire personnel rushed to the spot and doused the flame within an hour.
Sources in the CRPF said all important documents, office equipment and dresses of CRPF personnel were completely gutted.
While the exact reason of the fire was not immediately known, fire personnel suspect electrical short-circuit to be the reason.