Fire In GAIL India Stockyard Destroys Cables Worth Over Rs 50 Lakh In Bhubaneswar

Bhubaneswar: A major fire broke out in the stockyard of GAIL India destroying cables worth more than Rs 50 lakh in Bhubaneswar.

BJD728

According to sources, the fire broke out in the stockyard of GAIL India at Prashanti Vihar in the city in the afternoon. The yard had huge stock of plastic cables of the company. Though nobody was injured in the incident, the entire stock of cables was turned into ashes in the fire.

Speaking to media persons, Yaswant Raut, HR officer, GAIL India said he was informed about the fire by a driver and a security man deployed at the stockyard. He rushed to the spot and informed the Fire Brigade.

“The security guard said he saw some children threw some burning material into the yard. When he tried to catch hold of them, the children fled,” he added. But he did not rule out sabotage in the incident.

Raut estimated that cables worth more than Rs 50 lakh were burnt in the fire.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

Comments are closed.