Fire Mishap At Bhubaneswar Rly Station: ECoR Issues Guidelines To Avoid Recurrence
Bhubaneswar: Hours after a fire broke out in the parking area outside the waiting hall near the entrance to Bhubaneswar Railway Station, the East Coast Railway (ECoR) on Friday ordered a fact-finding inquiry to know the exact cause of the incident.
This inquiry report will be submitted to Divisional Railway Manager (DRM), Khurda Road.
Additional General Manager, ECoR, Sudhir Kumar, along with other senior officers from ECoR Headquarters and Khurda Road rushed to railway station to take stock of the situation.
Kumar gave the following instructions on the spot-
- Strict look out for vagabonds and undesirable elements in and around the railway premises. No unauthorised parking of vehicles and two-wheelers to be allowed.
- Parking areas to be kept free of people loitering around the place. Fines to be imposed very strictly on people littering Railway areas and throwing garbage.
- Sharp look out for people smoking cigarettes / beedis and throwing stubs in garbage dumping areas. This is a potential safety hazard.
- Garbage cleaning to be intensified, Heaps of plastic waste and other garbage was kept in the area where the fire started.
- Due to severe winter conditions, it is anticipated that there may be occasions when some people may light a small fire and sit around it. This will not be allowed near Railway areas.
Comments are closed.