Fire Ravages Paralakhemundi Municipality Office In Odisha; Files Reduced To Ashes
Paralakhemundi: A major fire broke out at Paralakhemundi Municipality Office in Odisha’s Gajapati district on Sunday night.
While no one was injured in the incident, several important documents, including some related to the upcoming elections, were reduced to ashes, sources said.
On being informed, Fire Service personnel reached the spot and doused the blaze, suspected to have been triggered by a short circuit inside the storeroom.
“Since it was Sunday, there was no one in the office. We rushed to the spot after hearing about it,” said Paralakhemundi Municipality Chairperson Nirmala Sethi.
He asserted that no one caused it deliberately.