Fit India Quiz: DAV NTPC Students To Compete For National Title
Bhubaneswar: Two students from Odisha have qualified for the Fit India Quiz national contest. Kanishk and Wheep Kumar from DAV Public School, NTPC- Deepshikha at Kaniha in Angul have been selected to represent Odisha at the National-level.
As part of the Fit India Movement, launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, a quiz contest was started by Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports which tests the mental and physical abilities of children from hundreds of schools across the country.
They are among the 36 champions selected from across the country for national level quiz.
The school received a cash award of Rs 2.5 lakh and students received Rs 25,000. The Quiz has a prize money of 3.25 crores which will be given out to winning schools and students at various phases of the quiz. The National round would be telecast on Star Sports and webcast on multiple social media channels, stated a PIB release.
The Fit India Movement was launched in August 2019 by the Prime Minister with a view to make fitness an integral part of our daily lives. The mission of the Movement is to bring about behavioural changes and move towards a more physically active lifestyle. Towards achieving this mission, Fit India proposes to undertake various initiatives and conduct events to achieve the following objectives:
- To promote fitness as easy, fun and free.
- To spread awareness on fitness and various physical activities that promote fitness through focused campaigns.
- To encourage indigenous sports.
- To make fitness reach every school, college/university, panchayat/village, etc.
- To create a platform for citizens of India to share information, drive awareness and encourage sharing of personal fitness stories.
Comments are closed.