Flood Fear In Odisha: Govt Deputes Senior Engineers To Vulnerable Districts
Bhubaneswar: The state Water Resources Department has deputed senior engineers to eight vulnerable districts of Odisha to supervise the overall flood situation with several rivers flowing above the danger mark and the regional meteorological centre here forecasting heavy to very heavy rainfall in the state due to a low pressure area set to further intensify into a depression on Sunday.
Engineers deputed to various districts are:
* Puri: Chinmoy Ranjan Rout, Chief Engineer, Minor Irrigation
* Jagatsinghpur: Bijay Kumar Samal, Chief Engineer, Rengali Right Irrigation Project
* Cuttack: Baleswar Nath Sahoo, Chief Engineer, Drainage
* Kendrapada: Purna Chandra Rath, Additional Chief Engineer, Eastern Circle Cuttack
* Jajpur & Bhadrak: Dhaneswar Samal, Additional Chief Engineer, Eastern Circle II Chandikhol
* Khurda & Nayagarh: Bighnaraj Purohit, Additional Chief Engineer, Central Irrigation Circle Bhubaneswar
They have been directed to move to the districts concerned by Sunday afternoon. They have been asked to visit weak and vulnerable points, supervise embankments and coordinate with field as well as district administration officials.