Odisha Vigilance Traces 8 Plots, 3-Storey Building Worth Rs 1.18 Cr During Raid On Forest Range Officer
Kalahandi: The vigilance sleuths on Wednesday conducted simultaneous raids on properties of Forest Range Officer of Kegaon forest in Odisha’s Kalahandi district on allegations of accumulating assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
According to sources, five teams led by five DSPs, six inspectors, and other staff conducted raids at four places associated with Keshab Majhi including a residential triple-storey building at OM Nagar in Kesinga Town, office chamber of Majhi at Kegaon, the residential government quarter at Kegaon, and his residential house at Brahmani village under Kesinga police limits.
During the raid, the vigilance sleuths unearthed the following assets in the name of Majhi and his family members:
1) Rs 2,78,640 in cash
2) A triple-storey building constructed in 2020 at OMM Nagar, Kesinga in Kalahandi worth over Rs.1.18 crore.
3) 4 plots in and around Kesinga town, Kalahandi
- One plot measuring area Ac 1.66 dec at Mouza-Brahmani, Kesinga.
- One plot measuring area Ac 0.11 dec at Mouza-Kesinga.
- One plot measuring area Ac 0.62 dec at Mouza-Boring Padar, Kesinga
- A plot measuring area Ac 1.36 dec at Mouza-Brahmani, Kesinga.
The measurement and valuation/assessment of the plots is being carried out by Vigilance Technical Wing.
4) Gold jewellery weighing approximately 446 gms.
5) Silver ornaments weighing approximately 320 gms.
6) 2 four-wheelers (Mahindra Scorpio and Mahindra XUV-300).
7) Bank and Insurance deposits are under verification.
Further searches are on, an official release said.